One of the smells that remind me of my home is my Aunt Dru’s banana bread. I make this when I want to bring back memories of my childhood, and I am sure it will for you as well.
- 1/2 cup butter or a little more
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas finely crushed (for a bit more moist and delicious, try 4 bananas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (you can use gluten-free; almond and coconut flour work well)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I use the paste)
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla and walnuts.
- Mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Keeps well refrigerated, but it will not last long.